Generation is a global non-profit organization that supports adults to achieve economic mobility through employment. Generation trains and places adult learners of all ages into careers that are otherwise inaccessible, working in partnership with governments, employers, and other system actors. Launched in 2015, Generation comprises a global hub (Generation You Employed, or GYE) and a network of in-country affiliates. To date, the network has 76,000+ graduates and 11,000+ employers across 35 professions and 17 countries. When learners join Generation, 90% are unemployed, of which nearly half are long-term unemployed. Three months after completing our program, graduates have an 81% job placement rate, rising to 90% within six months.
Of our employed graduates, 67% are hired by our repeat employer partners, and 88% are in jobs directly related to the profession for which we have trained them. Employed graduates immediately earn an average of 3-4X their previous earnings. Two to six years after graduation, 70% of alumni continue to meet their daily financial needs and 40% save for the future. To date, Generation’s global graduates have earned $630 million in wages, which will rise to $1 billion by 2023. Generation graduates typically have a secondary school background, 54% are female, 40% have dependents, and the majority identify with underrepresented communities in their country. Generation GYE conducts original research and shares data insights on high priority global workforce transition topics to inform decision-making by workforce system stakeholders.
We are looking for an exceptional Mobilization Coordinator to manage the end-to-end screening of learners to ensure that high-quality candidates are trained in our skilling programs.You will be joining at an exciting time for Generation, as we look to enter Ghana for the first time in our partnership with MasterCard Foundation (MCF), called GROW. Under this partnership, we will be launching new training and placement programs for a number of remote roles (such as virtual assistants, data analysts, digital marketing, web development and customer service). Generation will also be coordinating a coalition of partners to experiment with different methods of delivery to find out ‘what works’ before we scale.
This role is for a full-time assignment, from Q3 2023 through June 2025, with a possibility to extend. The Program Manager will report to the Program Director. Preference for candidates based in Ghana. Expected hours will be 40 hours a week.
RESPONSIBILITIESThe Mobilization Coordinator will:
- Guide prospective learners through screening (e.g. online application, tests, etc.), ensure strong relationships and communication throughout and proactively identify and solve learner issues with knowledge and tool
- Create strategies to meet cohort outcomes, such as reviewing applicant data to improve screening processes, determining max levels of risk the team can support etc.
- Work closely with Learner Support Services to determine the max levels of risk that each program cohort can support, and determine individual learners' program readiness and risk factors by analyzing applicant data and conducting outreach
- Evaluate the effectiveness of various admissions tactics and suggest new ones by analyzing applicant data
- Assist in developing continuous network of partner referrals
- Avoid legal liability issues through thorough adherence to policy, procedure, and guidelines
- Enhance Generation's admission department and overall brand reputation by executing in accordance with standardized practices and building strong applicant relationships
- Work closely with Generation's Global Functional teams to consult on design, monitor and troubleshoot outcomes etc.
- Act as a coordinator with the functional teams within our coalition partners (e.g., our other training partners who are also recruiting learners)
- You have at least 3 years of experience in admissions or enrollment
You have experience managing a team, project managing complex tasks and coordinating across a broad range of stakeholders, both virtually and physically
You have strong people-reading and decision-making skills
- You have a demonstrated commitment to equity work
- You are a strong communicator with a proactive/responsive approach
- You can work in a fast-paced, changing environment, take ownership and are entrepreneurial
- You are results driven, able to quantify success by developing metrics/analytics
- You believe in our mission, that fulfilling employment can change lives, and are passionate about doing social good
- You have an undergraduate degree or country equivalent preferred