We are a tech non-profit building and scaling digital products for farmers to end information asymmetry and improve the livelihoods of 50 million rural households by 2030. www.gramhal.org
Senior Backend Developer
We are seeking a motivated and experienced Backend Developer to join our high-performing, flexible, and non-hierarchical team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for building scalable and efficient systems, a learning mindset, and align with our values. You are expected to be familiar with our tech stack. This will be a remote position.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for misfits – who feel that their potential is untapped, who need a positive and caring ecosystem to bring out their best. If you are looking for a purpose in your work, then we are looking for you. Ideally, you should have:
- 2-4 years of experience in backend development, with a focus on cloud infrastructure and REST APIs
- Strong experience in AWS and Python, with some experience using the Flask framework
- Experience with Agile methodologies and project management
- A passion for writing clean, maintainable, and scalable code
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well in a remote and fast-paced environment
- Start-up experience, building quick experiments, and managing multiple projects simultaneously is a plus
- Alignment to Gramhal's values and a passion for creating impact at scale for rural India
- Develop and maintain backend systems using the Flask framework and Python
- Build and implement REST APIs to support the frontend applications
- Manage AWS, cloud infrastructure to ensure high availability, security, and scalability of the system
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Lead code reviews, refactoring, and ensuring the codebase is maintainable and scalable
- Stay current with industry trends and new technologies to identify potential solutions for our technology stack
- Participate in project management activities, following Agile methodologies, and ensuring on-time delivery
Fill out our google form (https://forms.gle/MxVW6UsStXYDCbsu9) and get connected with us on Discord: https://discord.gg/N3AVxFrR.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
If you have any questions, do write to us at [email hidden]