ABOUT KHAN ACADEMY
Khan Academy is a fast-paced, nonprofit on a mission to provide free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. We reach millions of students every month and are growing rapidly. We’re building a library of world-class instructional and practice resources that empowers learners. Whether they’re studying matrices, mitosis, or multivariable calculus, we want to offer students the resources to realize that they can learn anything.
ABOUT KHAN ACADEMY INDIA
Khan Academy India aims to deliver a world-class user experience to learners in India that is locally relevant and is enabled by a strong on-the-ground team and operations. Our learning system is mastery-based, which allows students to master key concepts at a pace that’s right for them before moving on to more challenging content. From serving under 500,000 learners in 2016, we are now serving almost 4 million learners a month across our websites, apps and youtube channels. These learners include both independent learners accessing us at home and teacher directed learners in schools. Our focus is to reach the underserved by making our content accessible in local languages and by working with large public school systems. Khan Academy is already available in Assamese, Hindi, Hinglish, Kannada, Gujarati, Tamil, Marathi, and Punjabi.
ABOUT THE INDIA SCHOOLS TEAM
In line with our focus to reach the underserved, we partner with government school systems to improve student learning outcomes by enabling teachers and students to optimally utilize the tools and resources on the Khan Academy platform. From our government partnerships, we have reached 1.2 million learners this last year, partnering with 8500+ schools across various states. Our goal is to expand our scale to reach over five million learners in five years.
The Schools Team works in a lean and collaborative way with our partners, developing strong implementation plans and providing support at every step of the way. Specifically, the team supports teachers and administrators through training and resources, and enabling peer-to-peer sharing. We learn and constantly iterate by gathering feedback and through data-backed insights and efficacy studies.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Khan Academy India is looking for a passionate individual to join our growing Schools Team as a State Coordinator consultant to support our programme with the Punjab government school system. The consultant will be based in Chandigarh. In this role, you will be working with the Senior Program Lead and will be responsible for driving the implementation of the Khan Academy programme in the state, in collaboration with the Punjab Education Department. You will also work closely with Khan Academy India’s Content team, Partner Operations, Teacher Professional Development, and Data and Efficacy teams to ensure high-quality implementation of our programme.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Support programme implementation: Work with Senior Program Lead and the state nodal officer to help support the implementation of the Khan Academy learning platform across government schools in Punjab.
- Take ownership of work streams and deliver on the pre-agreed goals
- Deliver and support in delivering training to education officials (Khan Academy program mentors/administrative cadre) and teachers on a regular basis.
- Follow up on training implementation and unearth insights and challenges to strengthen the program for all teachers continuously.
- Manage relationships: Build and maintain strong relationships with administration officials which include nodal officers, state resource persons, district-level officers, and block-level officers.
- Gather data-backed insights: Assist the program and partners throughout the implementation to take the right decisions based on data-backed insights.
- Regularly conduct field visits(2-3/month) and conduct 8-10 calls with middle layer to generate insights from the schools that will help the Khan Academy team identify strategic levers to increase adoption and deepen usage of Khan Academy.
- Manage knowledge effectively: Ensure that all state discussions are documented in a standard format and keep key stakeholders (internal and external) in the loop.
- Build our learning muscle by analysing qualitative feedback from the state systems
- Collaborate with the rest of the teams at Khan Academy India to ensure timely and successful delivery of our program and services.
- Provided any other support, as needed, for the programme.
You would be a great fit for the role if you are:
- Someone with 3-5 yrs of relevant work experience. Having been an educator or having worked with government schools in Punjab is an added advantage.
- Fluent in Punjabi (spoken and written).
- Someone with a strong collaborative mindset with an ability to build and maintain relationships with various stakeholders
- Able to navigate through complex situations comfortably and make informed decisions aligned with the shared goals between partners and Khan Academy.
- Someone with strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Someone with an excellent ability to document information from multiple sources and present it in a consumable format for others in English and Punjabi.
- Comfortable working with data – you are skilled at working with large volumes of data, identifying trends, and drawing evidence-based conclusions. You are equally comfortable analyzing qualitative insights and adjusting partnership plans accordingly.
- A great communicator – you can address different audiences using audience-appropriate language to communicate clearly and efficiently in multiple formats, including email, written documents, digital presentations, and verbal conversations.
- A quick learner – you immerse yourself in new problems and quickly get up to speed.
- Someone with an entrepreneurial mindset, including a high tolerance for ambiguity, a penchant for experimentation, and a bias toward action.
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and help the team get work done as we grow.
- Passionate about education and have a strong desire to change the world for the better.
- Comfortable relocating to Chandigarh and working out of the government office.
This is a 12 months contract role.
HOW TO APPLY
- Attach your resume or Linkedin URL in the space provided below.
- Please address the below-mentioned task and attach your response in the space provided below.
In less than 1500 words, describe a challenging project that you have led/been actively involved in, what aspects of the project made it challenging, and what you did to deliver it successfully. If you had a chance to re-do it now, what would you do differently and why?
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color