M-KOPA's Threat Intelligence team sits within the Security department and identifies and assesses threats against our products, business and personnel. The team has taken a unique approach to Threat Intelligence by developing a custom analysis platform instead of depending on standard tools — e.g. Recorded Futures.
By consuming several intelligence sources, we aim to provide minute-by-minute information to our Fraud, Application Security and Managerial teams using Azure Microservices.
Your role is acting as a developer, primarily Python, for the Threat Intelligence team with elements of Threat Hunting in the mix. It's not only about building automated tools to scour the Internet but also about identifying new threats to monitor.
It is a fully Remote role within the following time zone (UTC -1 / UTC+3), and you will report to the Senior Threat Intelligence Researcher. Additionally, you will work closely with the Application Security and Global Fraud teams to develop intelligence-gathering systems to distribute significant findings appropriately.
You're excited about this opportunity because;
- You will create, build and enhance a bespoke Threat Intelligence platform, exceeding the capabilities of 99% of Threat Intelligence teams.
- You will identify new threats against M-KOPA, our products and our employees.
- You will get to learn about development best practices, Continuous Integration and Continuous Development processes.
- You will become familiar with the latest hardware hacking, web applications hacking and malware attacks.
- You will receive and analyze cyber threat alerts from various sources and communicate them to the appropriate team members.
- You will perform cyber defense trend analysis, assist team members with determining their cybersecurity requirements, and establish reporting mechanisms.
- You will develop and deliver written and oral mobile threat alerts, scheduled internal notifications, case studies, and after-action reports to several stakeholders.
- You will coordinate and communicate across multiple stakeholder groups.
- You will monitor external data sources to maintain an up-to-date understanding of cyber actors and threats and provide recommendations on prioritizing cyber threats and prevention/mitigation measures.
- You will review and evaluate incoming intelligence reports, information, collection plans, and programs.
We're excited about you because you have experience with;
- Moderate experience writing Python programs or knowledge of Python development.
- Any experience with Microsoft Azure or cloud microservice architectures
- Some familiarity with modern development practices, e.g. Continuous Integration and Continuous Development.
- Ability to read Zulu to a proficient level.
- Any knowledge of Threat Intelligence principles.
- Windows and Linux command line knowledge.
Benefits - What's in it for you!
- You will be involved, and participate in, our Application and Information Security Red Teaming operations.
- Have the opportunity to travel internationally to attend conferences and training courses.
- Annual Learning and Development Fund - You have an annual $ 1,200 allowance to spend on learning and development (that is, between 1 January and 31 December). For your first year at M-KOPA, this allowance is pro-rated depending on the month that you start.
- Home Office Set Up - Having the best IT equipment tools in the world doesn't make sense if you do not have a proper setup to work with. For this reason, M-KOPA will pre-approve the following items for a total budget of $1000 that you can use at any time after signing the offer letter with M-KOPA
- On site retreats with wider tech team, plus trips to operational markets'
M-KOPA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
M-KOPA explicitly prohibits the use of Forced or Child Labour and respects the rights of its employees to agree to terms and conditions of employment voluntarily, without coercion, and freely terminate their employment on appropriate notice. M-KOPA shall ensure that its Employees are of legal working age and shall comply with local laws for youth employment or student work, such as internships or apprenticeships.
M-KOPA does not collect/charge any money as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement. This means that we never ask for ‘recruitment fees’, ‘processing fees’, ‘interview fees’, or any other kind of money in exchange for offer letters or interviews at any time during the hiring process.