Oportun (Nasdaq: OPRT) is a digital banking platform that puts its 1.9 million members' financial goals within reach. With intelligent borrowing, savings, budgeting, and spending capabilities, Oportun empowers members with the confidence to build a better financial future. Since inception, Oportun has provided more than $15.5 billion in responsible and affordable credit, saved its members more than $2.3 billion in interest and fees, and helped our members save an average of more than $1,800 annually. For more information, visit Oportun.com.
WORKING AT OPORTUN
Working at Oportun means enjoying a differentiated experience of being part of a team that fosters a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where we all feel a sense of belonging and are encouraged to share our perspectives. This inclusive culture is directly connected to our organization's performance and ability to fulfill our mission of delivering affordable credit to those left out of the financial mainstream. We celebrate and nurture our inclusive culture through our employee resource groups.
We are looking for a passionate, curious and creative problem solver to be a Product Data Scientist, reporting to the Head of Data. Your role will be focused on democratizing product insights and using data to drive product strategy. If you're passionate about making a meaningful difference in people's lives in partnership with an agile, driven, and fun-loving team, we're excited to meet you.
- Analyze user behavior and product usage to proactively identify opportunities for product improvements.
- Design experiments to assess hypotheses.
- Build dashboards to communicate data insights.
- Partner with Product Managers to define product KPIs & priorities.
- Deliver analysis in a format that can help drive business decisions by both executive leadership and partnering Product Managers
- Continuously improve tracking and reporting processes to ensure high data accuracy & robust product understanding.
- Build machine learning models to determine the drivers of member behavior, and predict future behaviors.
- At least 3 years of experience in a related role.
- Extensive hands-on experience with SQL and data visualization.
- Able to develop quantitative analysis, ad-hoc reports, and models to derive meaning from raw data in order to influence product decisions and direction.
- Strong communications skills and ability to present work to executive staff.
- Self-starter with ownership attitude with an enthusiasm to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Understand statistical principles (eg. statistical significance, sample size).
"The US base salary range for this full-time position is $120,000 - $ 145,000.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects a national minimum and maximum range for new hire salaries for this position. Within this range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, such as job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range that meets your criteria during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation range listed in this posting reflects only the base salary for this position and does not include other compensation elements or benefits.”
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider all qualified applicants for employment opportunities without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other category protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
California applicants can find a copy of Oportun's CCPA Notice here: https://oportun.com/privacy/california-privacy-notice/.
We will never request personal identifiable information (bank, credit card, etc.) before you are hired. We do not charge you for pre-employment fees such as background checks, training, or equipment. If you think you have been a victim of fraud by someone posing as us, please report your experience to the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).