Oportun (Nasdaq: OPRT) is a digital banking platform that puts its 1.9 million members' financial goals within reach. With intelligent borrowing, savings, budgeting, and spending capabilities, Oportun empowers members with the confidence to build a better financial future. Since inception, Oportun has provided more than $15.5 billion in responsible and affordable credit, saved its members more than $2.3 billion in interest and fees, and helped our members save an average of more than $1,800 annually. For more information, visit Oportun.com.
WORKING AT OPORTUN
Working at Oportun means enjoying a differentiated experience of being part of a team that fosters a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where we all feel a sense of belonging and are encouraged to share our perspectives. This inclusive culture is directly connected to our organization's performance and ability to fulfill our mission of delivering affordable credit to those left out of the financial mainstream. We celebrate and nurture our inclusive culture through our employee resource groups.
We are looking for a passionate, curious and creative problem solver to be a Senior Product Manager at Oportun, responsible for our flagship Savings product. We envision Savings as the main driver of user growth and retention, so this role will have a huge impact in defining the future of our financial health platform. Your role will be to facilitate the ideation, development, launch and scaling of innovative products and features. Every product and feature will help improve our customers' financial lives. If you love leading cross-functional product teams with lofty goals and high ambitions, this opportunity may be for you.
While Oportun’s worldwide HQ is in San Francisco, CA, this role is open anywhere in the US. This role reports to our Head of Product for Neobanking (who reports into the Chief Product Officer).
- Collaborate with leadership and cross-functional stakeholders to craft long-term product strategy
- Scope and lead the development of new product features that will increase the financial health of our users
- Analyze data and perform user research to form and test hypotheses in the pursuit of building a deep understanding of our customers’ needs and behaviors
- Manage a high-performing cross-functional product team that includes engineering, design, data, marketing, legal, and customer support to implement and build new features
- Drive strong communication and alignment up, down, and sideways within the organization
- Thought partner and a leader. You will be working with a talented group of business leaders and engineers to articulate and deliver a roadmap in support of our business strategy
- Comfortable navigating through ambiguous problem spaces in pursuit of clarity and concrete outcomes
- Demonstrated experience as a product manager building world class consumer experiences, 8 years experience preferred
- Ability to focus on a problem at hand while thoughtfully considering overall company goals
- Strong product intuition and user empathy
- Strong communication, both written and verbal
- You continually seek to improve and expand your skill set
- Strong analytical ability and ability to make data-driven decisions, as well as measured bets
- Bonus Points: Experience launching products within complex legal and regulatory frameworks such as Finance; familiarity with SQL
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $126,900 to $203,000
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects a national minimum and maximum range for new hire salaries for this position. Within this range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, such as job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range that meets your criteria during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation range listed in this posting reflects only the base salary for this position and does not include other compensation elements or benefits.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider all qualified applicants for employment opportunities without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other category protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
California applicants can find a copy of Oportun's CCPA Notice here: https://oportun.com/privacy/california-privacy-notice/.
We will never request personal identifiable information (bank, credit card, etc.) before you are hired. We do not charge you for pre-employment fees such as background checks, training, or equipment. If you think you have been a victim of fraud by someone posing as us, please report your experience to the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).