Oportun (Nasdaq: OPRT) is a digital banking platform that puts its 1.9 million members' financial goals within reach. With intelligent borrowing, savings, budgeting, and spending capabilities, Oportun empowers members with the confidence to build a better financial future. Since inception, Oportun has provided more than $15.5 billion in responsible and affordable credit, saved its members more than $2.3 billion in interest and fees, and helped our members save an average of more than $1,800 annually. For more information, visit Oportun.com.
WORKING AT OPORTUN
Working at Oportun means enjoying a differentiated experience of being part of a team that fosters a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where we all feel a sense of belonging and are encouraged to share our perspectives. This inclusive culture is directly connected to our organization's performance and ability to fulfill our mission of delivering affordable credit to those left out of the financial mainstream. We celebrate and nurture our inclusive culture through our employee resource groups.
OPORTUN is currently seeking qualified candidates with Customer Service, Cashier, Sales or Hospitality experience to work Full Time. Our Customer Service Representative creates and generates a rewarding and unique customer service experience, they are passionate about listening, helping, and connecting with people. As a key member of our team, you will make the mission of Oportun come to life by educating our customers about our inclusive, affordable financial services that empower them to build a better future.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Welcome customers with a warm greeting and provide excellent customer service
- Respond to customer inquiries or complaints in an empathetic manner
- Work with the team to achieve daily sales targets
- Plan and execute targeted outreach and promotional activities, including researching locations and venues to promote our products
- Schedule and manage in-store promotional activities
- Identify and escalate any issues involving store personnel or customer experience to the appropriate senior leadership or HR personnel
- Light housekeeping generally consisting of daily collection of trash from the trash bins in the store and disposing of it in a designated area, sweeping or vacuuming (where carpet is present) the showroom daily, mopping with Swiffer floor mop 1-2 times per week or as needed, and cleaning windows as needed.
- Serve as a role model for Oportun's Core Values: On a Mission, As One, to Make It Better, Now
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Outgoing and sales-oriented
- Valid driver's license
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- 2+ years of sales experience and 1+ year of proven retail leadership experience as a team lead or supervisor, with a focus on people management, sales, and operations (banking experience is a plus)
- Flexibility to work weekends and to adjust work schedule based on store needs.
AS A VALUABLE MEMBER OF OUR TEAM, YOU’LL RECEIVE:
- Competitive pay, plus sales incentives $$$
- Growth opportunities for PT, FT, Team Lead, Manager positions
- Flexible schedules
- Employer-matched 401(k)
- Paid Training
- Opportunity to positively impact your community
The base hourly rate for this full-time position is $22.00 - $25.50.
Our hourly rates are determined by role, location and experience. The hourly range displayed on each job posting reflects a minimum and maximum for new hire rates for this position, specific to the location of this job posting.
Please note that the compensation details listed in this posting reflects only the hourly rate for this position and does not include other compensation elements or benefits.”
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider all qualified applicants for employment opportunities without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other category protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
California applicants can find a copy of Oportun's CCPA Notice here: https://oportun.com/privacy/california-privacy-notice/.
We will never request personal identifiable information (bank, credit card, etc.) before you are hired. We do not charge you for pre-employment fees such as background checks, training, or equipment. If you think you have been a victim of fraud by someone posing as us, please report your experience to the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).