Oportun (Nasdaq: OPRT) is a digital banking platform that puts its 1.9 million members' financial goals within reach. With intelligent borrowing, savings, budgeting, and spending capabilities, Oportun empowers members with the confidence to build a better financial future. Since inception, Oportun has provided more than $15.5 billion in responsible and affordable credit, saved its members more than $2.3 billion in interest and fees, and helped our members save an average of more than $1,800 annually. For more information, visit Oportun.com.
WORKING AT OPORTUN
Working at Oportun means enjoying a differentiated experience of being part of a team that fosters a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where we all feel a sense of belonging and are encouraged to share our perspectives. This inclusive culture is directly connected to our organization's performance and ability to fulfill our mission of delivering affordable credit to those left out of the financial mainstream. We celebrate and nurture our inclusive culture through our employee resource groups.
We are looking for experienced Engineering leaders with a passion for developing people, driving product development and engineering excellence, and scaling teams. Your role will primarily be people focused, while helping drive the development of Oportun’s core products.
- Recruit and strong product engineers and future technical leaders
- Build a strong, high performing teams by driving forming a strong team culture of safety, accountability, and empathy and effectively driving team execution
- Collaborate with partners in Product, Design, and other engineering leads to drive team vision and strategy - product roadmap, execution and resource plan, and setting priorities
- Level up the technical skills of your team by reviewing pull requests and technical specs, empowering and leveraging your tech lead, and being able and willing to get your hands dirty and help your team debug issues and ship code when needed
- Drive strong engineering practices around product development execution, operational excellence in observability, quality, reliability, and developer efficiency
- Effectively communicate and build alignment up, down and sideways across the organization
- Be a champion for Diversity and Inclusion by sourcing, hiring, and advocating for a diverse group of engineers
- 3+ years of management experience, managing more than one team during that time
- 5+ years of individual contributor engineering experience engineering products with a modern tech stack
- Demonstrated track record of building and managing high performing product engineering teams in a fast paced, high impact, high growth environment
- Passion for building and shipping products users love with high quality and speed
- Passion for career development. You don’t shy away from difficult performance conversations and you recognize the relationship between constructive feedback and career growth
- Enjoy staying technical and is able and willing jump in and code or debug issues to help your team
- Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills and can keep your team and yourself organized with effective prioritization, while jugglingcc multiple projects and priorities
- Growth mindset and continually look to improve and expand your skill set
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate well with product, design, and other engineering teams to ship product
"The US base salary range for this full-time position is $ 143,800 - $230,100.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range dis
played on each job posting reflects a national minimum and maximum range for new hire salaries for this position. Within this range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, such as job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range that meets your criteria during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation range listed in this posting reflects only the base salary for this position and does not include other compensation elements or benefits.”
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider all qualified applicants for employment opportunities without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other category protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
California applicants can find a copy of Oportun's CCPA Notice here: https://oportun.com/privacy/california-privacy-notice/.
We will never request personal identifiable information (bank, credit card, etc.) before you are hired. We do not charge you for pre-employment fees such as background checks, training, or equipment. If you think you have been a victim of fraud by someone posing as us, please report your experience to the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).