Oportun (Nasdaq: OPRT) is a digital banking platform that puts its 1.9 million members' financial goals within reach. With intelligent borrowing, savings, budgeting, and spending capabilities, Oportun empowers members with the confidence to build a better financial future. Since inception, Oportun has provided more than $15.5 billion in responsible and affordable credit, saved its members more than $2.3 billion in interest and fees, and helped our members save an average of more than $1,800 annually. For more information, visit Oportun.com.
WORKING AT OPORTUN
Working at Oportun means enjoying a differentiated experience of being part of a team that fosters a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where we all feel a sense of belonging and are encouraged to share our perspectives. This inclusive culture is directly connected to our organization's performance and ability to fulfill our mission of delivering affordable credit to those left out of the financial mainstream. We celebrate and nurture our inclusive culture through our employee resource groups.
Oportun is looking for an experienced and motivated Web Development Software Engineer to join our team. A little but about you… You are a solid engineer… someone that other engineers respect for cleanliness of code and someone that product managers love to work with because you understand the roadmap and are always thinking ahead in your design. You are curious, creative and constantly think of new ways to improve what we do so that we can fulfill our mission. A willingness to do whatever it takes to ship a product to market.
- Day to day site maintenance, improvements, issue resolution and mission critical operations
- Resolve error log, Light House, New Relic, SEO issues
- Become affluent in ADA development, resolve issues in ADA audit
- Maintain plugins
- Build variations for AB tests
- Build new modules as needed, like the new infographic or calculator
- Create new templates as needed
- Implement integrations as needed, such as an email gate with Iterable
- Configure Tealium tracking codes on site
- B.S. in Web Development, Computer Science
- 6+ years as full stack developer
- 2+ years in front end development
- Expert WordPress and WPEngine knowledge for build, reskin, front-end and back-end maintenance.
- Expert knowledge of PHP, MySQL, Jenkins
- Must know CSS, Sass, Scss
- Hands on experience in front end libraries like bootstrap or storybook
- A pixel perfect design mindset
- Impeccable attention to detail in regard to organization, labeling and tracking tasks.
- Experience coding for and testing content/layout in multiple browsers
- Expert knowledge of Nginx, Jarvis, Bitbucket and GitHub
- Advanced experience with APIs, their functionalities and integration capabilities
- Enabling CI/CD Automation with Jenkins or build jobs, pipelines for development and release process.
- Ability to develop meeting WCAG2.1 standards for web accessibility development, resolve issues in ADA audit.
- Comfortable writing new functionality and plugins
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot website bugs, tweak code and maintain sites.
- URL management, migrating sites to hosting servers, archiving sites, owning and leading WP Engine hosting and site maintenance.
- Understanding of the mobile app space and related development tools and platforms
- Ability to adapt and willing to learn new technologies in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multitask and keep on top of timelines and launch dates.
- Must be able to take digital projects/builds from concept to final product independently with minimal supervision managing front-end and back-end aspects of all digital projects.
- UX/UI exposure/knowledge a plus
- Familiarity with headless CMS a plus
- Solid understanding of QA processes for various browsers, platforms, and devices
- Collaborate closely with marketing and design teams to implement their layouts, give feedback on scope of project, and make recommendations for related website/digital products.
- Great communication and fun to work with
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider all qualified applicants for employment opportunities without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other category protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
California applicants can find a copy of Oportun's CCPA Notice here: https://oportun.com/privacy/california-privacy-notice/.
We will never request personal identifiable information (bank, credit card, etc.) before you are hired. We do not charge you for pre-employment fees such as background checks, training, or equipment. If you think you have been a victim of fraud by someone posing as us, please report your experience to the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).