Location: Metro Atlanta preferred (either onsite/ hybrid-model)
Open to fully remote w/ 20-25% travel to ATL monthly.
SIRUM is reimagining the future of US healthcare by connecting people with surplus medications at an affordable cost. Our goal is to leverage the ~$11B of surplus that goes to waste every year to improve health equity for the 10M adults in the US who can’t afford their prescriptions. Families’ health comes first and everyone deserves the medications they need to stay healthy. We deliver on this promise by ensuring medicine prices are low, stable, and transparent!
SIRUM is a fast-growing, non-profit, for-impact startup at the intersection of health tech + social enterprise. Founded at Stanford University and backed by Y Combinator, our platform moves $750,000 worth of medications every week, sourced from hundreds of medicine donors across dozens of states. Join us in building a national solution to the drug pricing epidemic that has been featured on The TED Mainstage, The New York Times, and Forbes.
About the Role
As a Chief of Staff, you’ll work directly with SIRUM’s co-founder/ CTO to maximize his leverage and increase the velocity of the product and engineering teams he leads. You’ll drive critical analytic and operational priorities that keep SIRUM and our partners working smoothly and efficiently.
In this role, you will be responsible for…
- Maximizing CTO leverage
- You’ll work directly with one of SIRUM’s three busy co-founders who drives SIRUM’s technology vision, making sure he invests his time in the highest-yield places. You’ll serve as his right hand person to get things done: assessing priorities, managing time and calendars, delegating follow-ups and more. In certain situations, you’ll serve as his proxy when working with key vendors or external partners to drive work forward directly, bringing him in as needed.
- Maximizing product and engineering team velocity
- SIRUM’s product and engineering team is at the core of our work as a tech company. Alongside the CTO, you’ll keep the growing team organized through creating new structures, maintaining ClickUp and Notion tools, and facilitating strong team meetings. At times, you’ll also wear the hat of a product manager to champion our users’ experiences, producing insights and making recommendations for improvement across our algorithms and tech stack. Big picture: you’ll help the team maximize their output and ensure they are improving the most important user outcomes.
- Driving business analytics and financial modeling
- Being successful against SIRUM’s ambitious growth plans requires understanding our real-time results and achieving financial sustainability. You’ll leverage quantitative skills to build and update models, analyze unit economics, develop pricing structures, and more – becoming one of our go-tos for analytic expertise and financial projections.
- Leading special projects with high impact
- SIRUM is on the cutting edge of the healthcare equity space, building the end-to-end technology experience to get donated medicine into the hands of patients. You will be a trusted project manager on key initiatives that drive scale and effective operations at SIRUM and our community partners: defining scope, researching vendors if needed, developing project timelines, coordinating across teams, and driving projects to completion. Example projects could include streamlining operations to developing warehouse automation for charitable pharmacies.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 3-5 years of experience working at a start-up or other fast-paced working environment.
- You’re passionate about our vision to get every pill to a person in need, our belief that we can use technology to correct this market inefficiency, and our eagerness to build a national solution.
- You’re a detail-oriented problem solver - you enjoy digging into the complexity and nuances of problems to find a solution.
- You love data - You share our love for digging into data to understand impact and generate insights and opportunities for improvement. You have experience using Excel/GSheets to clean and analyze complex data, and develop sophisticated models.
- You’re a great communicator - You’re great at active listening and can communicate clearly with people at all levels and across functions, from engineers to designers to facility vendors. You excel at written communication and love to document.
- You’re a self-starter with excellent project management skills.
- You’re open to travel.
What we offer…
- Huge social impact. You will see and feel the tangible impact of your work on a daily basis.
- Inside understanding into a high growth startup nonprofit. As a pivotal teammate on a small team, you will work directly with the founders, see the various aspects of how we operate, and be connected to the wider social impact sector.
- Great health benefits. We cover 100% of monthly premiums for medical, dental and vision insurance for full-time team members. Team members also have access to on-demand primary care, virtual health visits, personal wellness coaches, personal health advocates for medical bills and scheduling, and mental health phone line and counseling.
- 401K matching. Full-time employees are also eligible for a 4% match for their 401K.
- Time off for rest. Get about 6 weeks of time off per year, including 2+ weeks of paid company holidays and 4 weeks of accrued PTO.
- Awesome team. We’re a collaborative, passionate and driven team with a growth mindset that is up for adventures from virtual escape rooms, to urban putt-putt, to rafting to trampoline bouncing to paddle-boarding.