Our dream and mission is to get farmers out of poverty. We want to see Africa feed the world in our lifetimes, while its farmers become guardians of one of humanity’s most precious resources: the soils. We design and sell regenerative farming input packages while providing access to training, mechanized services, and markets. Over the last year, we’ve grown 8-fold and are targeting to grow 5-fold over the next 3 years, serving 100,000 farmers in Ghana. Warc has humble beginnings. We did not learn how to run a business from a book; we have real, tangible experience. We are a dynamic team of 100 dreamers and doers from 16 different countries.
In Ghana alone, more than 65 Warc staff work tirelessly to serve over 8,000 farmers in the Upper West Region. We operate across West Africa and have established agricultural production, services, and consulting operations in Sierra Leone and Ghana. In the Upper West Region, we engage with thousands of smallholder farmers through our network of Trading Hubs. These locations are run by women from the communities where they operate and allow farmers to buy inputs, receive training, and sell their harvests directly within their own communities. Over the next decade, we aspire to
expand our impact across the continent. Help us make this dream a reality!
About the Job
In your role as Chief Operating Officer (COO), you will be responsible for overseeing the company’s overall business operations strategy, taking us to a new scale of activity and success. You’ll be taking the lead in terms of the Warc’s procurement, supply chain, logistics, distribution, and warehousing functions, along with ensuring key business processes, plans, and procedures are developed and upheld to ensure quality and efficiency in our operations.
You will lead a team of young operations, procurement, warehousing, and field staff while working together with Warc’s CEO, Founders, and other senior management to develop and lead the company’s day-to-day and strategy operations.
- Lead the business operations strategy in line with overall business strategy, translating it into actionable steps for growth
- Oversee the company’s daily business activities, and manage and assessing operations
- Develop and implement policies for daily operations, and improving operating procedures for optimal efficiency
- Lead Warc’s procurement, supply chain, logistics, distribution, and warehousing functions
- Manage business partnerships and relationships with suppliers, clients, contractors, and other third-party providers
- Build and monitor business performance against KPIs on business operations and
evaluating company performance
- Collaborate with Warc’s CEO, Founders, and other senior executives to raise capital and carry out other business growth strategies
- Ensure the company’s compliance with applicable law, company policies, and business regulations
The ideal candidate for the COO role will have experience as a previous COO, has led business and operations functions, or in other related executive leadership roles. You need to have excellent leadership skills, the utmost level of integrity, drive and organizational skills. You should have a desire to lead and develop people in the organization. Above all, you should have a passion for creating impact, rural development, entrepreneurship and being part of a growing organization.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Degree in Business Administration or similar field (Master's preferred)
- 10+ years' experience in leading business operations, particularly in agriculture and related supply chain, logistics and distribution
- Goal-oriented and results-driven
- Excellent leadership and vision
- Experience in budgeting, sales and business development
- Strong decision-making ability
- Excellent management, supervisory and delegation skills
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Critical mindset and problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate, manage multiple projects, and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Nice-to-have skills:
- Familiarity and experience in a rural context
- Experience working in Ghana, West Africa, or other parts of Sub-Saharan Africa
We’re a young, growing organization, and one that cares about our team and culture. We are committed and we work hard, but also reward ourselves to make this our lifestyle. You can expect:
- A competitive salary and related package commensurate to the position and industry
- Other management incentive structures
- Flexible time and working conditions
- Continued investment in professional development
Expected start date is immediate. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Warc Africa is an equal opportunity employer.