Our dream and mission is to get farmers out of poverty. We want to see Africa feed the world in our lifetimes, while its farmers become guardians of one of humanity’s most precious resources: the soils. We design and sell regenerative farming input packages while providing access to training, mechanized services, and markets. Over the last year, we’ve grown 8-fold and are targeting to grow 5-fold over the next 3 years, serving 100,000 farmers in Ghana. Warc has humble beginnings. We did not learn how to run a business from a book; we have real, tangible experience. We are a dynamic team of 100 dreamers and doers from 16 different countries. In Ghana alone, more than 65 Warc staff work tirelessly to serve over 8,000 farmers in the Upper West Region. We operate across West Africa and have established agricultural production, services, and consulting operations in Sierra Leone and Ghana. In the Upper West Region, we engage with thousands of smallholder farmers through our network of Trading Hubs. These locations are run by women from the communities where they operate and allow farmers to buy inputs, receive training, and sell their harvests directly within their own communities. Over the next decade, we aspire to expand our impact across the continent. Help us make this dream a reality!
About the Job
In your role as Chief Financial Officer (CFO), you will be responsible for leading Warc’s cashflow management, financial planning, risk management and finance and treasury function as we scale up across the country and beyond borders. You will lead a team of young qualified accountants and finance officers, while working together with Warc’s CEO and other senior management to develop and lead the company’s financial strategy that will enable rapid growth.
- Lead the company’s cash management, investments, budgeting and financial planning and its reporting
- Lead the preparation of all financial statements and related reporting requirements
- Together with Warc’s CEO, develop the company’s financial and fundraising strategy
- Direct the company’s finance, accounting and treasury functions and its personnel
- Lead the company’s risk management strategy and application of financial controls
- Build and monitor business performance against KPIs with various tracking tools, and collaborating with Warc’s CEO and other senior management team members to establish corrective measures
- Investor relations, fundraising and working with Warc founders and executives
- Manage vendor relationships
- Oversee the company’s HR operations
- Research revenue opportunities, economic trends and project impacts on future growth in sales and market share
- Ensure the company’s compliance with applicable law, company policies, and other external reporting obligations
The ideal candidate for the CFO role will have experience as a previous CFO, has led finance functions, or in other related executive leadership roles. You need to have excellent leadership skills and the utmost level of integrity. You should have a desire to lead and develop people in the organization.
Above all, you should have a passion for creating impact, rural development, entrepreneurship and being part of a growing organization.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance (Master's preferred)
CA, CPA or CFA accreditation
- 10+ years' experience in financial management
- Strong understanding of accounting, regulatory issues and tax law and planning
- Excellent management and supervisory skills
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Critical mindset and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in accounting and financial management software
- Ability to collaborate, manage multiple projects, and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Nice-to-have skills:
o Familiarity and experience in agriculture and in a rural context
o Experience working in Ghana, West Africa or other parts of Sub-Saharan Africa
We’re a young, growing organization, and one that cares about our team and culture. We are committed and we work hard, but also reward ourselves to make this our lifestyle. You can expect:
- A competitive salary and related package commensurate to the position and industry
- Other management incentive structures
- Flexible time and working conditions
- Continued investment in professional development
Expected start date is immediate. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Warc Africa is an equal opportunity employer.